In terms of coffee, a filter most often refers to cone-shaped paper through which the coffee is brewed, such as a V60 or Chemex. These filters produce a exceptionally clean cup, while emphasising the sweetness and fruit flavours of the bean.
Brew Time: 4 to 5 minutes
Ratio: 25g of coffee per 350ml of water
Water Temperature: 92C
- Pour some hot water through the filter paper to wash it and warm the pot at the same time. (Discard the water after doing this)
- Add the ground coffee to the filter and gently shake to settle.
- Pour approx 50ml of water over the grounds to saturate.
- Stir the grounds and then wait 30 seconds.
- Begin pouring the rest of the water from the centre in a circular motion moving outward. Then circle back towards the centre and repeat.
- Keep adding water until you have reached the desired quantity of brewed coffee.